Sunday, November 13, 2011

I wish I may, I wish I might...

I started putting together the gift baskets this weekend. Soooo cool. There are some really generous people out there. And what's nice is that the majority of the donations are practically organizing themselves--all I had to do was make it final. The baskets are themed, and in some cases we have so many of a particular type of donation that we're able to create two, even three baskets of a particular theme. All the more for y'all to try to win!

But some of the baskets are a little...light. Don't get me wrong, they've got awesome stuff in them, but some of them only have one or two items that obviously don't belong in any other basket, but don't have quite enough accompanying items to make a nice, well-rounded basket alone. So, because it never hurts to ask, I'm posting a wish list today of items that will help make these baskets a little more exciting. If you or someone you know works at a business that might like to help us out, let me know at helptherogs@gmail.com. It's a write-off for businesses, because it's promotion and marketing--we'll highlight the business along with the donation. Items need to be pledged (not mailed--you'll mail to the winner of the basket containing your item) by November 19th.

And the items suggested here aren't the only items that could be donated for these baskets. These are just the items I thought would be the most obvious additions. If you think of something else you would like to donate, I'm certainly not going to turn you away!

And so, without further ado, I present to you the...

Raffle Prize Wish List!

Baby Basket:
Already contains crocheted baby cocoon and teething giraffe
Gender-neutral layette
Gender-neutral blanket
Children’s Picture Bible

Bible Basket:
Already contains Case for Christ Study Bible
Leatherbound journal
High quality pen
Books on prayer, spiritual formation, etc.

Yarn Arts Basket:
We have enough donated yarn to make two baskets—I’d love to have one for knitting and one for crochet! We already have some knitting patterns and stitch markers
Set of crochet hooks
Set of knitting needles
Crochet patterns books
Knitting and crochet resource books (Something like this)
Crochet stitch markers

Writing Baskets
We have enough critique donations to make two baskets
Writing software
Books on the craft
Audio recordings of writing conference
AlphaSmart word processor


Book Baskets
We have loads of books divided into a bunch of baskets—I’d love to be able to round out those baskets with some fun “reader accessories”!
Book lights
Gourmet Coffee
Gourmet Tea (is there such a thing? Well, good quality stuff, anyway!)
Coffee/tea mug
Gourmet cookies/snacks/chocolate
Nice bookmarks

No comments:

Post a Comment